Skip to main content

Oh Vera

Sometime around 1998, I was visiting my cousin, Lia, in Atlanta and caught sight of her adorable yellow quilted dufflebag with her monoram. Monogrammed luggage??? My mind reeled. How have I not heard of this before? After a thorough grilling of the origins of this fabulous bag, I came to know (finally) what Vera Bradley was. My little world was rocked.

I decided to go the route of picking a pattern and sticking with it, as opposed to having different pieces in all different patterns. And I discovered Classic Black.


My love of Classic Black was born. Over the next few years, I collected and received as gifts all kinds of beautiful pieces -- duffels, totes, garment bag, wallet, cosmetic cases, you name it. Alas, in true Vera Bradley fashion, patterns are retired after a period of time.

Out of respect for my beloved Classic Black, I only collected pieces from random patterns subsequently. Only recently had Versaille become my new favorite.

Speaking of favorites, there are some beautiful pieces in the summer collection. Here are a few of my new favorites:

** Note: I have not been compensated by Vera Bradley to sing their fabulous praises. I do that voluntarily.

Beach Towel in Ellie Blue - $38

E-Reader Sleeve in Island Blue - $26

Medium Resort Tote in Camellia - $48

Paddleball Set In Summer Cottage - $26

Picnic Blanket in Lime's Up - $60

Sarong in Camellia - $58

So Cool Picnic Tote in Daisy Doodle - $72

Umbrella in Blue Lagoon - Sale $24

Visor in Lime's Up - $26

All of these great items and more can be found at www.verabradley.com. What are your favorites?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce 

Raise your hand if you LOVE washing dishes? Yes? Then this recipe isn't for you. Because dinner is done in one pot. Set it and forget it while you change into something more comfortable after a long day. Ingredients: 1 lb. ground beef 1/2 onion, diced 2 c broth or water 3 c (24 ounces) pasta sauce (marinara or tomato sauce recommended) 1 lb. any pasta (I used whole wheat high protein spaghetti) 2 T Italian Seasoning 1 t Onion Powder 1 t Garlic Powder 1/2 t salt 1/4 t black pepper Instructions: Set your pot to "Saute" and cook the ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the onion to the ground beef and they will cook together. Once it is cooked through (about 4-5 min), do not drain out the fat. **If you prefer to use frozen meatballs, skip the above steps, start with the meatballs in the bottom of your pot, then go from here:  Mix in all seasoning (Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper) Layer in ...

Easy Guide: How to Address Envelopes for Wedding Invitations

So often I receive questions about how to address envelopes to guests with various professions and relationships. Here is a little quick reference guide I've put together for future use. To a Married Couple Mr. and Mrs. Albert Hampton A married couple with the same last name should be traditionally listed as Mr. and Mrs. followed by the male's first and last name. It is not incorrect to also list a married couple as "Mr. Albert and Mrs. Samantha Hampton". To a Married Couple That Use Different Last Names Mr. Ryan Paxton and Mrs. Marion Parker When space permits, list both members of the couple on the same line. Each should be recognized with their own salutation and last name. To an Unmarried Couple Living Together Mr. Hunter Allen and Ms. Anna Peterson List the male's name first and both names should be listed on the same line. To a Same-Sex Couple Ms. Salina Redding and Ms. Georgia Browning You can include either member of the couple'...

Kira's Baking-Inspired Bridal Shower

While I have a fabulous job professional planning events, it's even more fun when I get to personally host an event for a friend. This past fall, my dear friend, Kira, celebrated her wedding to Nat, and, of course, a Bridal Shower was on the horizon to celebrate her! (And it's her Birthday Weekend so Happy Birthday!) The other bridesmaids and I finalized our plans for her baking-inspired Bridal Shower, and here are some of the details: Make Your Own Mimosa Bar - complete with champagne, sparkling cider, sodas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, orange slices, lime slices, lemon slices, orange juice, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice. Fool-proof instructions Guests were greeted with personalized champagne flutes. The nametags doubled as glass tags so all of the ladies could keep track of their flutes. Sweet signage. Fun buffet with lots of brunch items! Salads, finger sandwiches, fruits, and the muffins. Oh the muffins (see more below), ...