Skip to main content

Instant Pot 6-Minute Hard-Boiled Eggs



Another fun discovery today — 6 minute eggs in the Instant Pot/Crock-Pot Express!!
If you are like me and “resolutioning” to better health this new year, eggs are likely part of that new eating plan, whether it’s Weight Watchers, 21 Day Fix, or a plethora of others.
And I just can’t do scrambled eggs every day.

I do, however, love hard-boiled eggs — plain, in egg salad, on a lettuce salad, and the list goes on. Yet somehow in adulthood, I’d become an egg-peeling failure, often losing half the egg white stick into the shell as I attempt to peel the egg.

With the addition of the Crock-Pot Express to our home this Christmas, I knew it was time to pressure cook some eggs.
Ingredients:
  • 1 c water
  • Eggs (I used 4, but I think you could fit 8-9 in the pot in a single layer of you want to)
Instructions:
  • Pour 1 cup of water in your pot
  • Add the wire rack
  • Place the raw eggs on the wire rack
  • Close the lid and the rotate the steam valve to the closed position
  • Set the device to “manual” or “beans” for 6 minutes. It will come up to pressure, then begin the 6 minute countdown 
  • One the cook time is complete, the device will switch to “warm” automatically. Carefully do a QR (quick release) using a wooden spoon. Once the steam is out, turn the device off and open the lid. 
  • Use silicone or plastic tipped tongs to remove the eggs, and place them in an ice bath for 5-10 minutes. 
  • Peel easily! I added a video below of me peeling one of the eggs to show you how smoothly it slipped off. 
UPDATE: If you cook for only 3 min, do a QR for the steam, then put right into an ice bath, you should have a Soft-Boiled Egg for those who like a softer yolk.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce 

Raise your hand if you LOVE washing dishes? Yes? Then this recipe isn't for you. Because dinner is done in one pot. Set it and forget it while you change into something more comfortable after a long day. Ingredients: 1 lb. ground beef 1/2 onion, diced 2 c broth or water 3 c (24 ounces) pasta sauce (marinara or tomato sauce recommended) 1 lb. any pasta (I used whole wheat high protein spaghetti) 2 T Italian Seasoning 1 t Onion Powder 1 t Garlic Powder 1/2 t salt 1/4 t black pepper Instructions: Set your pot to "Saute" and cook the ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the onion to the ground beef and they will cook together. Once it is cooked through (about 4-5 min), do not drain out the fat. **If you prefer to use frozen meatballs, skip the above steps, start with the meatballs in the bottom of your pot, then go from here:  Mix in all seasoning (Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper) Layer in ...

Kira's Baking-Inspired Bridal Shower

While I have a fabulous job professional planning events, it's even more fun when I get to personally host an event for a friend. This past fall, my dear friend, Kira, celebrated her wedding to Nat, and, of course, a Bridal Shower was on the horizon to celebrate her! (And it's her Birthday Weekend so Happy Birthday!) The other bridesmaids and I finalized our plans for her baking-inspired Bridal Shower, and here are some of the details: Make Your Own Mimosa Bar - complete with champagne, sparkling cider, sodas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, orange slices, lime slices, lemon slices, orange juice, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice. Fool-proof instructions Guests were greeted with personalized champagne flutes. The nametags doubled as glass tags so all of the ladies could keep track of their flutes. Sweet signage. Fun buffet with lots of brunch items! Salads, finger sandwiches, fruits, and the muffins. Oh the muffins (see more below), ...

Easy Guide: How to Address Envelopes for Wedding Invitations

So often I receive questions about how to address envelopes to guests with various professions and relationships. Here is a little quick reference guide I've put together for future use. To a Married Couple Mr. and Mrs. Albert Hampton A married couple with the same last name should be traditionally listed as Mr. and Mrs. followed by the male's first and last name. It is not incorrect to also list a married couple as "Mr. Albert and Mrs. Samantha Hampton". To a Married Couple That Use Different Last Names Mr. Ryan Paxton and Mrs. Marion Parker When space permits, list both members of the couple on the same line. Each should be recognized with their own salutation and last name. To an Unmarried Couple Living Together Mr. Hunter Allen and Ms. Anna Peterson List the male's name first and both names should be listed on the same line. To a Same-Sex Couple Ms. Salina Redding and Ms. Georgia Browning You can include either member of the couple'...