Skip to main content

Oh B-A-B-Y! (Anthropologie Hack)

Found these letters at Anthropologie, but seriously. $98 a letter. Love them and wanted to give them as a gift to a friend, but $400 for a little gift is all of a sudden no little gift.


You guess right. We hack.

Here is how this week's project kicked off:

1) 4 letters (I used "B", "A", "B", and "Y" to spell Baby -- you can do this with any letters ($2.49/letter at Hobby Lobby)

2) Gold Krylon Spray Paint (I used the "shortcuts" line of mini canisters - only $2.99/can at Hobby Lobby)

Yep, just two ingredients.


The Gameplan:

I cut open a brown paper bag to give us a base for spray-painting the letters. Of course, always use a well-ventilated area for spray-painting.



I applied a total of 6 coats of spray paint to the letters, allowing them to dry for about 30 minutes between coats. Using the metallic spray paint, the more coats I applied, the more it was "uneven" in places, allowing for the vintage look I was trying to achieve.

Final product after 6 coats of paint

My final product at the hospital, complete with a chalkboard-painted tray and goodies for visitors of Baby Lena.

I loved how these turned out so much, I am planning to create the letters "AGAPE" (the Greek word for Love) to go above our bed. Photos of that project to come!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce 

Raise your hand if you LOVE washing dishes? Yes? Then this recipe isn't for you. Because dinner is done in one pot. Set it and forget it while you change into something more comfortable after a long day. Ingredients: 1 lb. ground beef 1/2 onion, diced 2 c broth or water 3 c (24 ounces) pasta sauce (marinara or tomato sauce recommended) 1 lb. any pasta (I used whole wheat high protein spaghetti) 2 T Italian Seasoning 1 t Onion Powder 1 t Garlic Powder 1/2 t salt 1/4 t black pepper Instructions: Set your pot to "Saute" and cook the ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the onion to the ground beef and they will cook together. Once it is cooked through (about 4-5 min), do not drain out the fat. **If you prefer to use frozen meatballs, skip the above steps, start with the meatballs in the bottom of your pot, then go from here:  Mix in all seasoning (Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper) Layer in ...

Easy Guide: How to Address Envelopes for Wedding Invitations

So often I receive questions about how to address envelopes to guests with various professions and relationships. Here is a little quick reference guide I've put together for future use. To a Married Couple Mr. and Mrs. Albert Hampton A married couple with the same last name should be traditionally listed as Mr. and Mrs. followed by the male's first and last name. It is not incorrect to also list a married couple as "Mr. Albert and Mrs. Samantha Hampton". To a Married Couple That Use Different Last Names Mr. Ryan Paxton and Mrs. Marion Parker When space permits, list both members of the couple on the same line. Each should be recognized with their own salutation and last name. To an Unmarried Couple Living Together Mr. Hunter Allen and Ms. Anna Peterson List the male's name first and both names should be listed on the same line. To a Same-Sex Couple Ms. Salina Redding and Ms. Georgia Browning You can include either member of the couple'...

Kira's Baking-Inspired Bridal Shower

While I have a fabulous job professional planning events, it's even more fun when I get to personally host an event for a friend. This past fall, my dear friend, Kira, celebrated her wedding to Nat, and, of course, a Bridal Shower was on the horizon to celebrate her! (And it's her Birthday Weekend so Happy Birthday!) The other bridesmaids and I finalized our plans for her baking-inspired Bridal Shower, and here are some of the details: Make Your Own Mimosa Bar - complete with champagne, sparkling cider, sodas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, orange slices, lime slices, lemon slices, orange juice, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice. Fool-proof instructions Guests were greeted with personalized champagne flutes. The nametags doubled as glass tags so all of the ladies could keep track of their flutes. Sweet signage. Fun buffet with lots of brunch items! Salads, finger sandwiches, fruits, and the muffins. Oh the muffins (see more below), ...