Skip to main content

Current Faves

Here are just a few things I'm currently loving this summer:


All the new layouts for Shutterfly photo books. After YEARS of saying I'd get around to scrapbooking photos from last year, and the year before, and the year before, I finally caught site of one of my good friend's adorable little girls gracing the cover of one of these photo books at her home. That was it -- it was decided I would finally get around to creating my own albums. So far I have created albums for 2007, 2008, 2009, our wedding, and our honeymoon. More to come!


 If you haven't previously seen pics on the blog of our pup, Flaps, you don't know what kind of cuteness you are missing. He's a Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier we rescued last Fall when he was only 10 weeks old. My pup-based obsession right now -- these great, fluffy dog beds from L.L.Bean.

 I haven't braved the recent Maxi Dress trend, but I picked up this black Maxi Skirt from Old Navy and have been wearing it non-stop the last couple of weeks. So comfy, it even suited me for the 9 hour road trip to Mackinac Island two weeks ago. Love!



I picked up earrings almost identical to these at Paisley on Main, an adorable gift shop in downtown Glen Ellyn, Illinois (about 30 miles west of Chicago). The turquoise is perfect for summer and they were only $12.99! They also have a great selection of Nora Flemming, Vera Bradley, and lots of other adorable gifts!


Umm, high quality luggage with embroidered monograms? Yes, please. Pottery Barn just debuted these beautiful pieces (shown is the Tomlin Rolling Carryon). Definitely a new item on the wish list.



I've been on a home crafting binge lately and these placemats are my next project. Pinterest-inspired (of course), check back here for a tutorial on creating these over the next week!



 My obsession with monograms is no secret, but still at the top of my wish list is a gold monogram cutout necklace. Our fifth wedding anniversary is in two weeks. I'd like to think The Captain is a good listener. I'll keep you posted on how good after July 7.



Comments

  1. thank you for stopping by my blog! i love those suitcases (i'm a sucker for anything monogram). new follower :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce 

Raise your hand if you LOVE washing dishes? Yes? Then this recipe isn't for you. Because dinner is done in one pot. Set it and forget it while you change into something more comfortable after a long day. Ingredients: 1 lb. ground beef 1/2 onion, diced 2 c broth or water 3 c (24 ounces) pasta sauce (marinara or tomato sauce recommended) 1 lb. any pasta (I used whole wheat high protein spaghetti) 2 T Italian Seasoning 1 t Onion Powder 1 t Garlic Powder 1/2 t salt 1/4 t black pepper Instructions: Set your pot to "Saute" and cook the ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the onion to the ground beef and they will cook together. Once it is cooked through (about 4-5 min), do not drain out the fat. **If you prefer to use frozen meatballs, skip the above steps, start with the meatballs in the bottom of your pot, then go from here:  Mix in all seasoning (Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper) Layer in

Instant Pot Thick Greek Yogurt

We are Greek, yet I have never attempted to make my own Greek yogurt (I know, *gasp*). We are Fage faithful purchasers, since this is what my husband and I both grew up and deem "the real stuff." But since our Crock-Pot Express joined out family at Christmas, I decided it was time to try it out. Worst case, I was out a half gallon of milk. This recipe was a huge (good) surprise though! Perfect tart taste and thick, creamy consistency. Ingredients: 1 half gallon of milk (use can use any fat level, I used 2%) 3 T of Fage Plain Greek Yogurt (be sure it says "Live Cultures" on the container) Instant Pot or Crock-Pot Express Cheesecloth Mesh Strainer or Colander Digital Thermometer Large Bowl Hel pful Tip: O nce you start making your own yogurt, save 3T of your last batch to add to the new one as your “starter”.  I like to freeze it as a yogurt cube, then I never have to worry about saving some. Instructions: Starting with a