Skip to main content

80 Day Obsession in T-Minus 12 Days

If you're like me and the holidays delivered a few (hundred) too many delicious goodies, we're getting back on the healthy-living train in the new year (and whoa, how many years have we been off that train?)

After looking at many options for a structured program for both nutrition and exercise, I was about to jump back on a successful old standby, the 21 Day Fix, when I came to learn about the new 80 Day Obsession, the new program from Beachbody trainer Autumn Calabrese that launches on January 15.
With the addition of the Crock-Pot Express instant pot to our family, meal planning and preparations have begun to maximize success.


If you aren't familiar with the 80 Day Obsession (or Beachbody/21 Day Fix in general), I’ve added a link at the bottom of this post. I'm not a coach, nor do I profit off the promotion of this program. Just sharing some great info. If you are interested in one of these programs, I am happy to put you in touch with my own amazing coach, who is so supporting and inspirational, I'm sure you'll have great success with her too.

The program begins January 15, so you have time to order your gear and get mentally in gear (see what I did there?). I'd love to know if you're doing the 80 Day Obsession too!
Info: Coach Melissa's Fitness on Fire - Link to 80 Day Obsession Pack

Let's see how this goes!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce 

Raise your hand if you LOVE washing dishes? Yes? Then this recipe isn't for you. Because dinner is done in one pot. Set it and forget it while you change into something more comfortable after a long day. Ingredients: 1 lb. ground beef 1/2 onion, diced 2 c broth or water 3 c (24 ounces) pasta sauce (marinara or tomato sauce recommended) 1 lb. any pasta (I used whole wheat high protein spaghetti) 2 T Italian Seasoning 1 t Onion Powder 1 t Garlic Powder 1/2 t salt 1/4 t black pepper Instructions: Set your pot to "Saute" and cook the ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the onion to the ground beef and they will cook together. Once it is cooked through (about 4-5 min), do not drain out the fat. **If you prefer to use frozen meatballs, skip the above steps, start with the meatballs in the bottom of your pot, then go from here:  Mix in all seasoning (Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper) Layer in

Instant Pot Thick Greek Yogurt

We are Greek, yet I have never attempted to make my own Greek yogurt (I know, *gasp*). We are Fage faithful purchasers, since this is what my husband and I both grew up and deem "the real stuff." But since our Crock-Pot Express joined out family at Christmas, I decided it was time to try it out. Worst case, I was out a half gallon of milk. This recipe was a huge (good) surprise though! Perfect tart taste and thick, creamy consistency. Ingredients: 1 half gallon of milk (use can use any fat level, I used 2%) 3 T of Fage Plain Greek Yogurt (be sure it says "Live Cultures" on the container) Instant Pot or Crock-Pot Express Cheesecloth Mesh Strainer or Colander Digital Thermometer Large Bowl Hel pful Tip: O nce you start making your own yogurt, save 3T of your last batch to add to the new one as your “starter”.  I like to freeze it as a yogurt cube, then I never have to worry about saving some. Instructions: Starting with a

Current Faves

Here are just a few things I'm currently loving this summer: All the new layouts for Shutterfly photo books . After YEARS of saying I'd get around to scrapbooking photos from last year, and the year before, and the year before, I finally caught site of one of my good friend's adorable little girls gracing the cover of one of these photo books at her home. That was it -- it was decided I would finally get around to creating my own albums. So far I have created albums for 2007, 2008, 2009, our wedding, and our honeymoon. More to come!   If you haven't previously seen pics on the blog of our pup, Flaps, you don't know what kind of cuteness you are missing. He's a Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier we rescued last Fall when he was only 10 weeks old. My pup-based obsession right now -- these great, fluffy dog beds from L.L.Bean.  I haven't braved the recent Maxi Dress trend, but I picked up this black Maxi Skirt from Old Navy and have been wearing